VeloScaler is a VST plugin for controlling and modifying the velocity value of incoming MIDI notes. Use up to 5 different bands, filtered on either the incoming velocity or the MIDI note number. You can set a minimum and maximum value for each band, and scale the velocity by a specified percentage, which can be randomized. This will create interesting variations if your destination instrument is set to respond to velocity.
Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10. VST2 compatible 32-bit or 64-bit host.
This plugin is free to use for commercial or non-commercial use, but is copyrighted and cannot be distributed without permission.
Download & Installation
Click "Download", open the downloaded zip file and extract the dll file to your VST plugin folder (VeloScaler32.dll if you use a 32-bit host, or VeloScaler.dll if you use a 64-bit host).
- Fixed: Dialog boxes shown behind plugin window in Reaper if plugin window was pinned ("stay on top").
- Fixed: Poly Aftertouch and Program Change midi messages not passed through plugin.
- Velocity scaling details of incoming notes shown in info panel.
- In all right-click popup menus showing parameters values, the highest value is now shown at the top of the menu.
- Added a Lowest Octave setting.
- Now checks that Range From is not greater than Range To, and Min is not greater than Max.
- Fixed: Plugin would crash/plugin window not display on some Windows installations.
- Global settings now stored in documents folder instead of Windows Registry.
- Fixed: Problem with size of message boxes if skin other than Carbon was selected.
- Updated user guide.
- Fixed: Problem with 'Load Preset' panel, and message boxes in Minihost Modular stand-alone.
- First release.