CCStepper is a VST MIDI CC data sequencer plugin, suitable for controlling MIDI capable software (softsynths or effects) or external hardware devices. CCStepper lets you create up to 8 independent sequences with up to 64 steps each, and can either be synced to your host or triggered by MIDI notes. The step rate can be set from 1/128 notes and up to 32 bars, and various randomization features allows you to create unpredictable sequences.
Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10. VST2 compatible 32-bit or 64-bit host.
This plugin is free to use for commercial or non-commercial use, but is copyrighted and cannot be distributed without permission.
Download & Installation
Click "Download", open the downloaded zip file and extract the dll file to your VST plugin folder (CCStepper32.dll if you use a 32-bit host, or CCStepper.dll if you use a 64-bit host).
- Fixed: Dialog boxes shown behind plugin window in Reaper if plugin window was pinned ("stay on top").
- Fixed: Poly Aftertouch and Program Change midi messages not passed through plugin.
- Fixed: Sequencer would sometimes hang at last step if note type set to triplet.
- When Trigger is set to Note 1-Shot or Note Retrigger 1-Shot, the CC value is now not reset to initial value before the trigger note is released.
- In all right-click popup menus showing parameters values, the highest value is now shown at the top of the menu.
- Updated colors in sequencer.
- Fixed: Plugin would crash/plugin window not display on some Windows installations.
- Fixed: Sync problems in Minihost Modular.
- Global settings now stored in documents folder instead of Windows Registry.
- Fixed: Problem with size of message boxes if skin other than Carbon was selected.
- Fixed: Problem with looping in Sonar (sequence not retriggered at the beginning of loop).
- Updated user guide.
- Possible to hold down Shift to fine tune the value selection in the sequencer.
- Fixed: Highlighted step not updated immediately when selecting another sequence.
- Fixed: Problem with 'Load Preset' panel, and message boxes in Minihost Modular stand-alone.
- User guide now included.
- Improved sync to host.
- Updated internal framework and GUI.
- Fixed: CC messages not received by Reaper and MiniHost if Smooth was activated.
- Fixed: Various problems with triggering sequence by incoming MIDI notes.
- Fixed: Did not handle tempo changes correctly.
- Fixed: Problem with default window size in Cubase.
- Fixed: Issue with Paste Steps function if step count not equal.
- Improved sync to host.
- Fixed: Bank Select CC (#0) sent for inactive sequences before settings were saved.
- Fixed: Problem with MIDI Clear CC command if multiple controls set to same CC #.
- Fixed: Problem with text color in menus on Windows XP.
- Fixed: Error when unloading plugin from memory.
- Removed beep when clicking outside preset panel.
- Fixed: Crash when editing number of steps when transport was running.
- First release.