NoteMapper is a VST plugin that allows you to map MIDI notes to other notes. Each incoming note can be mapped to up to three notes, even on different MIDI channels. This allows you to, for example, let one specific note trigger drum sounds in up to three different drum samplers. In addition, you can scale the note velocity, apply randomization to the velocity scaling, and set a note probability for each individual note.
This is useful for several purposes, for example for MIDI note conversions between different drumkits. You can also use it together with the step sequencers in for example FXpansion Geist or Audio Damage Tattoo (which can output MIDI notes, but will not let you change the MIDI output note numbers) to drive other drum instruments like Toontrack EZDrummer. Or you can map the notes generated by the step sequencer to a melodic scale and send the MIDI data to a synth.
The velocity scaling and randomization allows you to create interesting variations if your destination instrument is set to respond to velocity. Create further randomization with the note probability setting.Key features:
- Remap MIDI notes
- Each note can be mapped to up to three notes
- Can remap notes between all 16 MIDI channels
- Filter out unwanted notes
- Automatic melodic scale assignment
- Adjust the incoming velocity by a specified percent
- Randomize the velocity scaling
- Set a note probability
Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10. VST2 compatible 32-bit or 64-bit host.
This plugin is free to use for commercial or non-commercial use, but is copyrighted and cannot be distributed without permission.
Download & Installation
Click "Download", open the downloaded zip file and extract the dll file to your VST plugin folder (NoteMapper32.dll if you use a 32-bit host, or NoteMapper.dll if you use a 64-bit host).
- Fixed: Dialog boxes shown behind plugin window in Reaper if plugin window was pinned ("stay on top").
- Fixed: Poly Aftertouch and Program Change midi messages not passed through plugin.
- Global settings now stored in documents folder instead of Windows Registry.
- In all right-click popup menus showing parameters values, the highest value is now shown at the top of the menu.
- Added support for separators and submenus in Load Scale menu (see user guide).
- Added support for separators and submenus in Input Templates menu (see user guide).
- Fixed: Plugin would crash/plugin window not display on some Windows installations.
- Fixed: First note cut off when looping was enabled in DAW.
- Fixed: Sometimes error when clicking in grid column 1 to preview note.
- Fixed: "Cannot create file" error at startup.
- Fixed: "D#" shown instead of "C#".
- First release.