Chordit is a VST plugin that allows you to trigger chords by playing single notes. Use the chord-switch octave to select chord type, and play the chords with the rest of the keyboard. The plugin supports optional velocity scaling and randomization for each note of the chord. Another feature is the start and end delay (can also be randomized), which can be used to emulate strumming.
Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10. VST2 compatible 32-bit or 64-bit host.
This plugin is free to use for commercial or non-commercial use, but is copyrighted and cannot be distributed without permission.
Download & Installation
Click "Download", open the downloaded zip file and extract the dll file to your VST plugin folder (Chordit32.dll if you use a 32-bit host, or Chordit.dll if you use a 64-bit host).
- Fixed: Dialog boxes shown behind plugin window in Reaper if plugin window was pinned ("stay on top").
- Fixed: Poly Aftertouch and Program Change midi messages not passed through plugin.
- Increased Start/End Delay from 500 ms to 1000 ms.
- In all right-click popup menus showing parameters values, the highest value is now shown at the top of the menu.
- Fixed: Problem automating Start/End Delay Random parameters.
- Fixed: Plugin would crash/plugin window not display on some Windows installations.
- Fixed: Problem setting parameter values with mouse in Ableton and Bitwig.
- Global settings now stored in documents folder instead of Windows Registry.
- Fixed: First note would not always trigger chord when playback started.
- Fixed: Sometimes hanging notes when stopping playback.
- Fixed: Problem with size of message boxes if skin other than Carbon was selected.
- User guide now included.
- Updated internal framework and GUI.
- Possible to hold down Shift to fine tune the value selection with the Start/End Delay slider.
- Added a Lowest Octave setting.
- Fixed: Octave Switch parameter not saved.
- Fixed: Problem selecting standard chord from menu for "A#" and "B" on 'Chord Setup' tab.
- Fixed: Problem with default window size in Cubase.
- Fixed: Problem with 'Chord Setup' tab, 'Load Preset' panel, and message boxes in Minihost Modular stand-alone.
- Improved sync to host if transport was not running.
- Fixed: Problem with MIDI Clear CC command if multiple controls set to same CC #.
- Fixed: Problem with text color in menus on Windows XP.
- Fixed: Error when unloading plugin from memory.
- Removed beep when clicking outside chord setup panel and preset panel.
- Fixed: Did not work properly when transport was not running.
- First release.