MIDI Routing in Sonar
You need to route the MIDI output of the CodeFN42 plugin to the desired VST instrument. We will use Chordz and Sylenth in this example, but the basic procedure is the same, no matter which CodeFN42 plugin and VST instrument you use.
- Add Chordz to a new instrument track. Make sure the
Enable MIDI Output setting is checked in the 'Insert Soft Synth Options' window.
- Add Sylenth to another instrument track.
- In the 'Track Inspector' for the Sylenth track, set 'MIDI Input' to
Chordz 1/MIDI Omni.
- On the Sylenth track, click the
Input Echo button to enable input echo.
- Activate the Chordz track, and play something on your keyboard. The notes you play should be sent to Chordz, and the output from Chordz sent to Sylenth.